Friday, April 4, 2008

She's so Vain


Is it bad that my child loves to look at herself in the mirror and loves to hear her own name? I realize that I might have contributed to the problem by working in a shop where every wall is lined with a mirror. Her pack n play is in an old dressing room right in front of a mirror and she likes to look at herself as she goes to sleep. At home she loves sitting on the bathroom sink and smiling at herself. The thing that cracks me up is that when she's mad or tired and I hold her in front of the mirror, she turns away and screams as if to say, "how dare you look at me like this!" When it comes to her name, mom passed along a song that she used to sing to us. It goes something like this...Hill, Hill Kathryn. Hill, Hill Kathryn. Hill, Hill Kathryn. Hill Kathryn is my name. I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. Oh yes I do, I really do (Repeated over and over. Substitute your own child's name of course. Or not, whatever). I've been singing the song to Hill since she was born and without fail, it can get a smile out of her even in the most major of major meltdowns. I might be creating a monster, but for now, it works. Plus, I turned out ok, right?!?!

4 comments:

lindsey & lewis said...

gracias! and even with a bonus photo:)

Lindsey said...

Hey Lynlee! So glad that all is well with you guys! Hill is precious. I love that you sing that to her. I had never heard of the song before I met Charlie but that was one that his mom used to sing him too.

Stephanie said...

excellent job. now, we'll see you tues. night at body pump? I promised lindsey!

The Slagleys said...

She is so cute! Kate loved the mirror so much that if she was crying and would not calm down, we just put her in front of the mirror and she would be mesmorized (sp?) and stop crying!