Thursday, April 10, 2008

Losing My Mind

I had a kind of rough day yesterday. It all started when I went to Babies R Us on a mission to get Hill started on Rice Cereal. Once I got there, I guess I got a little wrapped up in what kind of formula I was going to mix it with. Then I decided I needed bowls, spoons, breast milk storage bags and some 6 month pj's. Hill was being such an angel that I just strolled her around for a little while in the store just to kill some time. When I went to check out, a sweet lady behind me gave me a $3 off coupon and I had a gift card that covered the cost of everything! I left feeling energized and ready to conquer rice cereal. One problem, as soon as I got home, I realized I didn't buy the rice cereal. AHHHHH! Frustrated, but not defeated, I decided to get some when I went to The Pig to buy groceries for dinner. For anyone with a baby, you know that grocery shopping isn't always the easiest thing. I normally shop at Publix, but I was just buying a few ingredients to make tortellini soup, (it's fabulous and easy, let me know if you want the recipe)I went to The Pig. First of all, their shopping carts are about 6 feet tall, and the check out aisles are so small that you have to send your baby down the conveyor belt with the food. Everyone does it there, so they are used to it, but I still feel a little silly watching her car seat go over the scanner. Every time, it makes me think about those credit card commercials. Onion $1, minced garlic $1.50, chicken broth $4.50, Baby Priceless. Anyway, they bagged my groceries, told me to have a nice day, and then it hit me, I forgot the tortellini, for the tortellini soup! I had to carry the car seat and 4 bags of groceries back through the store, grab the tortellini and go through the check out again. Let me just tell you, an almost 15 pound baby in a car seat and 4 bags of groceries, isn't the easiest thing to maneuver. When I got home, I mixed together the formula and poured in the rice cereal. As soon as I turned around to grab a spoon, the rice cereal box fell on the bowl and knocked the whole concoction out on the counter. All I could do was laugh and take a picture.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

ha ha. I know this is unsanitary, but after a day like that, I probably would've scraped it back into the bowl and gone on about my business.

Ahem. Perhaps I am not yet mature enough for a baby.

Ashley Thames said...

Too funny, though I know you weren't laughung at the time. She looks like such a big girl eating her cereal. We miss our little Hill :)

lindsey & lewis said...

I'm with stephanie, your counter looks super clean and some germs are good...yes?

And as far as forgetting that one key ingredient---it happens to me almost everytime---at some point i will make an effort to solve the problem (list & a pen to mark it off) but that just seems like too much work!

Jamie said...

gotta love it. i think i have had that exact day twice this week:)

jane said...

i am still laughing about the priceless baby getting scanned!... you need a sling so you don't have to carry that stupid heavy carseat everywhere! they are such a pain!!

The Stephens said...

Hey Lynlee! I found your Blog through your sister's. I'm glad to see how Hill is doing. She is so precious. I'm dying laughing at her going over the scanner. I feel like I've had so many of those days where I really think my mind is completely gone!! Take care!