I wish I had a photo to accompany this post but I don't, so I'll try to paint a picture for you instead:
It was a normal morning in the Hudlow household. Hill and I went through our regular routine; coffee at O'Henry's (where we had to sit inside instead of outside because there were smokers, pet peeve), back home for some breakfast (like feeding a moving target), into the swing for a little Born to Worship courtesy of Praise Baby Productions (doesn't quite swing like it used to, probably because she has exceeded the weight limit/feet hang off the end/grabs the rotating bugs and birds above head), typical thumb sucking (other hand rubbing her head like a monkey), nap time (lights off, white noise on the sound machine cranked up, head down and eyes closed), time for a little email checking for mom (blog stalking). WRONG!!!! I had just gotten the computer turned on when I heard gasping for air coming from Hill's room, it was a continuous low deep noise and it scared me to death. I hopped up so fast and ran to her room flinging the door open only to see my almost 9 month old who can't really even sit very well, standing in her crib, jumping. Yes, jumping, two feet off the mattress, hands wrapped firmly around the bar, ready to invent a move that will of course be named after her that other babies will forever try to imitate but never duplicate (can you tell I've been watching too much Olympic Gymnastics). As for the gasping sound, a laugh like I've never heard before (think Steve Urkel). I called Kyle in a panic and he suggested that I pull the pack 'n play into the room for the time being (surely she can't scale a mesh wall). So here I sit, just hoping I don't here a Boom!, waiting on Kyle to come home to assist in lowering her mattress to the absolute lowest level. I'm beginning to think (have been thinking for the last few months) that this little one is going to be trouble!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Tales From The Crib
Posted by Unknown at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lynlee! That is too funny! I love it that it was her sweet laugh that you heard!:)Sounds like you're smart to lower the bed for that wild thing! :)
Hee hee. I got a great mental image! She's a stinker!!
Post a Comment