Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday

Kyle is 30 today!!! Instead of getting all mushy, I thought I'd write a couple of things about Kyle that you might not know.
1. He has a beautiful voice, I mean it, think George Strait with a little Josh Turner thrown in.
2. He is very handy. If you can't find him, he's probably at his mother ship, Lowe's.
3. I had a couple other things written down and I decided to lump them into the category that he is extremely impulsive (he takes back all gifts, even ones he buys for himself and he's impossible to get in a fight with because he always overreacts and always apologizes about 10 minutes after he's had a chance to simmer down).
4. He has an unhealthy obsession with the movie Anchorman. While we're on the subject of movies, he tends to get weepy eyed when watching movies with dramatic music such as Legends of the Fall and Field of Dreams, but he also tears up every time he watches the movie Little Giants, so I'm thinking it doesn't take much.
5. He can hear a song one time and remember the lyrics. This includes gangsta' rap and 80's songs that I've never even heard of.
6. This will embarrass him to no end, but it will give his family a good laugh since they experienced this long before I did. He thinks it is hilarious to pull his boxers down in the back just below his fanny and walk in front of the TV right when you're in the middle of your favorite show (well, any show really).
7. He is a little kid magnet a.k.a. fun zone
8. He is the absolute worst driver I have ever been in the car with. It's an issue.
9. He is a very loyal friend. While he isn't one to have lots of acquaintances, but just a few close friends, he is nice to everyone he meets and is the most nonjudgmental person I know.
10. On an everyday basis he is very easily stressed out and gets flustered (sometimes this is just a result of too much caffeine), but when unpredictable events happen or in situations that would either scare or intimidate most, he is is an absolute rock.

The list could go on and on and like I said, I wanted to tell y'all some things that you might not know about Kyle. What you probably already know is that he is a great husband and a wonderful father. He loves God and his family and would do absolutely anything for his friends.

So Happy Birthday Kyle. I hope your first thirty were everything you wanted them to be. As for the next thirty, I think Tim McGraw put it best when he sang:
"My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that number 6 has never changed. The eye rolls just make him enjoy this weird Kyle-quality even more :)

TBG said...

love that, lynlee :) he sounds like a great, fun guy. esp like the lyrics at the end. how appropriate!

Katie B said...

I've read your blog a lot--and if you don't recognize "randy and Katie"...I'm Katie "McCoy" Barnett and went to school with Kyle from middle school- college...anyways, I had to chuckle when you said he has a great voice...I know and remember this first hand in middle school- we were in mixed chorus together and he sang " A country boy can survive" for his final solo song...makes me smile...love your blog!

Reeder Family said...

I enjoy reading your blog also! Kyle and I went to school together and grew up on the same street. I enjoyed the lyrics at the end of your post! Happy Birthday Kyle!

Anonymous said...

Singing....well then, I feel I need proof. Where is the nearest karoke bar!

Stephanie said...

I'd like to sit next to y'all at church from now on, so I can hear that voice!

Happy Birthday, Kyle! Lovely post, Lynlee!