Thursday, July 24, 2008

These are a Few of my Faviorite Things

Hill is almost 8 months old so I am having to tackle the next round of baby gear, toys, etc. I would love some input from fellow moms on things like toddler car seats and anything else that you thought was a good purchase/must have for this next stage. Here are some of my favorite things from Hill's first months...

1. The Nesting Pod - much bigger than a boppy and I don't know what I would have done without its handy pockets. Great for storing breast pads, nail clippers, and anything else you might need while nursing.

2. The Ultimate Crib Sheet - snaps right on to the crib and completely covers the sheet. Get a couple and just wash and switch out. I can't imagine having to remove the bumper pad every time I changed sheets!

3.The First Years Newborn to Toddler Tub - this tub is awesome! With the removable infant sling, we never had to worry about Hill slipping out of our hands (she would have).

4.Praise Baby DVD gift set - we made watching these DVD's part of Hill's night time routine. After her bath, we put her in her swing and watch her become completely enthralled with these movies. They are similar to Baby Einstein but I love the music (Hill does too).

5. Tiny Love Symphony in Motion Mobile - Hill doesn't use this anymore because she can grab the animals, but for the first couple of months this was a life saver. It would buy me at least 30 minutes to get some things done around the house.

6. BOB Revolution - I can't say enough good things about this stroller. It is easy to fold, not too heavy, has an attachment for her car seat and has a wheel that can locked for running (if we ever decide to run).

7. Graco Snap N Go - Hill's car seat snaps right into this stroller. It is very compact and a great price!

8. Fisher Price Safety First Booster Seat - we use this instead of a high chair and we can take it with us everywhere we go. It is so easy to transport to and from.

9. Homedics® SoundSpa Sound Machine - in a small noisy house, this is a must. We just put it on the waterfall (white noise) and turn it up as loud as it will go. My only complaint is that when the power goes out and comes back on, the sound machine reverts to chirping birds.

10. Baby Wise - this book is my ultimate baby resource. It is definitely a little extreme, but as far as helping me put Hill on a schedule, it worked. I will never forget: eat, wake, sleep, eat, wake, sleep...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Unknown said...

Dear Blogger,
I'm officially freaked out by these two comments!!!!! Home loan calculator and internet gambling???

Stephanie said...

Yes, have you made your blog private?

Jamie said...

oh my ... we could NOT live without BABYWISE, or PRAISEBABY DVDS! ORRRRR the ULTIMATE CHANGE SHEET- thanks to you. actually, i found one in my closet of "useless baby gifts" which i had no idea what it was!

The Slagleys said...

Almost all of your favorites are mine too! We have loved that sound machine too, but sometimes it randomly turns off for a second and comes back on, and the chirping birds are a little more than I can handle. I was going to tell you that we got Kate the Britax Roundabout carseat because it is a smaller convertible seat than most- and I love it! I loved it when she faced the back and now I love it facing forward. It only holds up to 40 pounds, so people told me not to get it, but once your child is 40 pounds (in Kindergarten), you can use a booster so I didn't care. Also I love the Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chair, she plays in it all the time! Also, the Playskool ball popper factory is a huge hit around here! I am a big fan of the Fisher Price Learn and Grow toys that look like little tables, they helped her stand and get her balance while playing. (I hope you were serious about recommendations!)

L Rukes said...

Hi - I am a friend of Kate Henderson's and linked over to your blog - its so cute. I have a 6 month old at home and just wanted to TOTALLY second the tub you recoed! I LOVE that thing and tell every pregnant person I know they have to put it on their registry!! I'm also so excited to know you like your BOB...mine's shipping to me now...I can't wait to get it and try it out!!

TBG said...

Lynlee! Thanks for the recommendations! I'm tucking those away for when Josh and I are expecting a little one!

Anonymous said...

very helpful! I have not tackled major purchases yet, but I will soon and this will help tremendously:)

kristymasterson said...

I agree with so many of these. I haven't been using the ultimate crib sheet so I am glad you reminded me. Funny, how you just roll on and forget those things. Love you guys!

Ann said...

We couldn't live without PraiseBaby and BabyWise, although you're right, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Ellie is over 3 now and she still enjoys PraiseBaby every now and then. I'm excited for the new baby to try that mobile. With my last two, I never had a good one.

Katie B said...

I'd suggest some kind of push toy that she can walk behind. We have a Fisher-Price walker/wagon that we like. Oh, and Bumkins bibs. Do you have those?

jane said...

we actually got a recaro carseat instead of britax and are very pleased... the family run baby store here in atlanta highly recommended it. the company has been making seats for racing cars forever and then hired some of britax designers to one up the competitor and then priced their models $10 less than the britax compareble!!
another suggestion would be a good 'soft structured carrier'-- some kind of baby backpack as she is getting heavier. ergo is the most well-known of the good ones(baby bjorns are actually quite uncomfortable for you and puts the baby's weight on their crotch and spine and is bad for their development!... and they grownout of them fast!)... beco and baby bisou are two brands that make ones that are really cute! you can use the plain side for when your husband uses it. these are great b/c you can use them up to 35lbs!
i don't know what i would do w/ out my beco(or mei tai)... the other day e broke some glass and i just put him on my back while i cleaned it up; that way he wasn't in my way... but he wasn't fussing in the other room either.