Kyle plays in a basketball league and last Thursday night he caught an elbow in the nose. He said it bled really bad but he just stuck some tissue up his nose and kept
playing(?). Since Thursday, his pain has gotten progressively worse and his face has gotten more and more swollen. On Sunday, he hit bottom and started complaining that his teeth were hurting and tingling and that it hurt to even touch his face. My thought, "let's go to the emergency room". Kyle's thought, "let the pain get so intense and the swelling get so bad that I can no longer function as a normal human being, and while I'm at it, I won't take any medicine or go see a doctor".
After a sleepless Sunday night for all of us, the pain got the best of him and he went to a doc in the box while I tried to make him an appointment with his ENT doctor (who he has been seeing because he has a deviated septum and has broken his nose several times in the past). Doc in the box diagnoses: He has probably broken his maxilla which is right below the nose and at the top of the lip. It is basically the bone that supports the spine of the nose. He did a Cat Scan and told him to go see a specialist. I couldn't get him into his ENT so I begged and pleaded to another doctor that they get him in ASAP. After spending the day in the bed yesterday drugged up and still in pain, he was able to see the Doctor yesterday afternoon. Diagnosis: He did not break his maxilla but has severe swelling behind his nose which has turned into an infection that can be treated with medicine. His nose whether from this injury or past injuries, is really "messed up" inside and out and he needs surgery soon. He is still in bed today and having adverse reactions to his pain medicine(nausea). Please pray for Kyle's healing and my sanity as I take care of two babies ;-) I don't have a picture of Kyle's swelling, but he looked like a WHO, you know, from the Grinch. I think it was because his top lip was so swollen and he couldn't move it.
New posts below...
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Drama, Drama, Drama
Posted by Unknown at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor kyle! Maybe this is his chance to get everything straightened out:) Good Luck!
To learn more about deviated septum and treatment options visit http://www.sinusinfocenter.com
Post a Comment