I have to tell a story on Kyle. He doesn't read this, so he won't know ;-). I am obsessed with the Bachelor/Bachelorette and as you all know the finale was on Monday night. I always DVR the show then start watching about 30 minutes in so I can fast forward through all of the commercials. Kyle can't stand the drama of the show and can't imagine how I can buy into it. I've tried to explain that I don't get wrapped up in the drama, I truly think the show is hilarious! That's all to say that Kyle goes into our bedroom to channel surf while I take over the den for a night full of Bachelorette hilarity. Like I said, I am always about 15 minutes behind live TV since I watch through the DVR, and every season Kyle gets this huge kick out of finding out who wins then telling me repeatedly, "I know who wins, do you want to know?" I mean, I've only invested TWO hours of my life to watch this dumb show to have him ruin it, "NO I DON'T WANT TO KNOW." Back to the point of my story. Monday night, right on cue, Kyle YELLS at me from the bedroom, "DID YOU SEE WHO WON?" Did I mention that Hill was asleep in her bedroom that is in between our bedroom and the den and that we live in a tiny house where we have to tiptoe around at night to make sure we don't wake up the baby, and don't even flush the toilet (gross I know)as to not wake her up, and he just yelled at the top of his lungs to me! I hopped up from the couch and ran (on my tiptoes) into the bedroom only to find Kyle oblivious to the situation. I said, "Kyle, did you forget about your sleeping daughter?" His response (completely frantic) "Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about her and forgot she was here!" Luckily she didn't wake up! I don't know who I should be more worried about, Snowboarder Jessie when DeAnna breaks his heart or my husband who forgets that he has a child ;-)
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ha! Hard to break old habits:) But just goes to show how good you both are at getting your child to sleep that she is so quiet you can, almost, forget she is there....
that is the funniest things I have heard! I also love the pool in the house. What a great idea.
It must run in the family... You know I was left in the crib while Dad went to Kyle's soccer game and at church several times. I think I still turned out ok, right? :)
Hey lynlee! I found your blog from Lindsey Benson. Hill is a beautiful baby. People used to ask me if Micah (my oldest) was a girl all the time even when I had him in the most boyish clothes. I guess it was his big red lips and long eyelashes. I wanted to tell you about a life saving trick for us when we lived in our old house. I used to leave the toilet till morning too until we bought a honeywell fan ($11 at Target) They are so loud and drown out all noises. I can turn the blender on without waking the boys! Just thought I would pass that along. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.--Ginny Auth Morrison
Post a Comment