Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Me


In honor of post 103 (and because I didn't do it for post 100) here are 103 things about me that you may or may not know, and probably don't care to know. Here goes:


1. My full name is Lynlee Kathryn Maples Hudlow
2. It says that on my driver’s license
3. Because I still haven’t changed my name with the Social Security Administration
4. I was born December 24, 1980 in Birmingham, Alabama
5. The nuns, aka Pink Ladies, at St. Vincent’s Hospital made Christmas Stockings for Christmas babies and that’s what I came home from the hospital in
6. I have always used that as my Christmas stocking and it still hangs at my parents’ house
7. I have one sister who is 4.5 years older than me
8. I hate that she doesn’t live here
9. Stories about her twin girls, Ella and Gray, make me laugh on a daily basis
10. I have an incredible long term memory
11. A terrible short term memory
12. I can name every single teacher I had from kindergarten through high school
13. I love the fact that I was in the same school system all the way through school
14. And some of my best friends I have known my whole life
15. In third grade we did the play Wizard of Oz
16. I tried out to be the Wicked Witch
17. I was cast as the Mayor of Munchkin City
18. I still remember all of my lines
19. My parents put me in Gymnastics when I was 3 to help me get rid of some energy
20. I also did swim team and dive team and dance and t-ball
21. My parents make me pick one
22. I chose gymnastics
23. I wish I would have chosen swimming
24. I have terrible hand eye coordination, so softball wasn’t an option (Kyle is a little stressed by that)
25. I cheered in High School and did gymnastics and loved every second of it
26. I am very sensitive and get my feelings hurt easily
27. I try to hide it but I don’t do a good job
28. I can’t stand when people are fake
29. I can see straight through them
30. I normally just tell it like it is
31. If I don’t , you probably still know exactly what I am thinking because it will be written all over my face
32. I need to work on that
33. I hate to talk on the phone when there is no point to the conversation
34. I don’t think I have ever called a friend on the phone just to chat (it’s a new year’s resolution though)
35. I have really good intentions
36. I wish I actually followed through with all of the great intentions I have because then everyone would know just how thoughtful and creative I am in my head
37. I think, and don’t act way too much
38. I get very jealous of those who actually do act on their intentions, and make plans, and follow through, and try things on a whim and live without inhibition (only because I that’s how I want to be)
39. I am probably the biggest procrastinator you know and don’t do a good job planning ahead
40. I had grand “plans” of going to college out of state
41. I applied to a bunch of places, but didn’t go visit anywhere (duh)
42. I ended up at Auburn
43. I lived in the dorm for 3 years and would go back and do it again in a second
44. I wouldn’t trade those years and those friendships for anything
45. I wanted to try out for cheerleading every year. I would go to one clinic, decide I was too embarrassed to do the required left herkie in front of anyone, and then regret not trying out all year
46. I lost weight my freshman year because I ate out of the vending machine in the dorm instead of risking getting lost driving around Auburn or getting another parking ticket (Yes, I realize that it would be hard to get lost in Auburn, but I have no sense of direction)
47. I met Kyle at the end of my freshman year
48. My first impression of him was that he was a player and very mysterious
49. I later realized that he is loyal, very shy (around people he doesn’t know well), and not so much mysterious as he just leaves stuff out (not a details kind of person)
50. He completely swept me off my feet by being spontaneous and romantic
51. We got engaged in Kiesal Park in Auburn my senior year
52. He painted a picture of the spot we got engaged and gave it to me as a wedding present (it hangs in our bedroom)
53. We married on my mom’s birthday , my mom married on her dad’s birthday, my sister married on my grandfather’s birthday
54. It will be six years this summer
55. We have lived in 3 different houses since we’ve been married (all in Birmingham)
56. I sometimes think I would like to live somewhere else and just start all over
57. I feel like my life has a soundtrack
58. Almost every song I hear has a memory attached to it
59. I love discovering new singers on iTunes
60. When I like a song, singer, book or movie, I find out everything I can about it through researching online (IMDB is awesome)
61. I could surf the internet for hours
62. It is a problem
63. I think I was born in the wrong era
64. I don’t know when I was supposed to have been born, but I sometimes think I should have lived during the 1700/1800’s or the 1960’s (very different I know)
65. Bring on the hoop skirts, lace, hats with satin ribbon, empire silhouette ball gowns and long white gloves , send me to a ball a la Pride and Prejudice and I’d be in Heaven
66. I love the idea of courtship and chivalry
67. When I was little, I wanted to be an archaeologist
68. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up
69. That is my life’s biggest frustration
70. Passionate people inspire me
71. I have really short toes
72. I think they are normal and everyone else’s are weird
73. I know that as Christians we are called to witness, but I am extremely turned off by in your face evangelism
74. I believe more in witnessing by example
75. I have a really strong sense of smell
76. The smell of a camp fire stirs me up inside
77. I am probably too laid back
78. I can be a priss, but I have an outdoorsy side to me
79. I would never shave my legs if I didn’t have to
80. I have a freckle in my left eye
81. I could spend all day sitting on the beach, laying in the bed flipping channels or doing absolutely nothing and not be bored
82. I need my alone time
83. I am not very nice when woken up from sleep
84. I crave chips and salsa the way some people crave chocolate
85. I wanted to have a baby for two years before Kyle decided he was ready
86. We wanted to use family names when naming the baby
87. Hill is my grandfather’s name (Beverly Hill to be exact)
88. I was sick for 18 weeks
89. Pregnancy was very uncomfortable for me
90. Childbirth was not that bad
91. What’s not to like about maternity clothes
92. Elastic waist bands are awesome
93. I can’t get rid of old t-shirts (two drawers and 3 boxes full, just at my house)
94. I still sleep in them every night
95. I leave the TV on HGTV all night long
96. I love traditions
97. I want to start some early in our house
98. I wish we’d worn school uniforms in high school
99. I still have trouble telling time (not digital ones, obviously)
100. And I can’t do any math in my head either, not even single digit math
101. Speaking of numbers, I memorize people’s license plates while I’m driving for no reason then find myself repeating the numbers in my head throughout the day (weird)
102. I love to go shopping for antiques, but rarely buy because I can’t afford them
103. Sadly, making this list wasn’t that hard (I can think of about 10 more things off the top of my head) because I have some pretty random thoughts running through my mind all the time ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

#84-that is my go-to food. But I'm picky about the salsa, no large chunks, and I call it got sauce because it can go on or in almost everything-just like a sauce!

Anonymous said...

Got=hot

Teach me not to double check one thumbed typing from my phone!

TBG said...

that was really good! i liked learning new things about you, lynlee! :)

Stephanie said...

I can give you a serious run for your money on #39.

Ashley Thames said...

That is priceless and so true! I forgot about the archaeologist thing....where did that come from?? Love you!

Stephanie said...

PS: I LOVE that pic of you and Hill!

Jamie said...

HAHAH.. the only one that scared me was memorizing liscense plates. although, it may come in handy one day.