Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

I just realized that my last post was number 100, so I guess I should have written something cool to document the event instead of questioning the meaning of "elf princess." Maybe later. Anyway, we had a great New Years weekend. New Years Eve, the Bennetts were kind enough to host us and the Chitwood clan.Let me just say that we are so lucky to live within walking distance of our close friends who not only love our little girl, but have a child proof home and two little playmates (almost 3) for Hill. Hill had a great time playing with and hugging/chasing Sawyer while little Margot was in and out of sleep the whole night and didn't even know the fun she was missing out on. When it was Hill's bedtime, we just put on her PJ's and put her to bed in the pack n play. It was so nice to be able to hang out with friends and have adult conversation while baby girl slept in the next room. While we didn't stay long enough to see the ball drop, but we did make it to 11 (is it sad that I was proud of that?) When it was time to go, we drove the half minute home, Hill in tow(Britney Spears style), and put her straight to bed. It was the perfect low key New Years Eve.
Then on Friday, my sweet sister volunteered to baby sit Hill, so Kyle and I could have a night out. We contemplated dropping Hill off in Auburn then heading to Atlanta for a fun getaway, but the more we thought about it, we decided we could have just as much fun staying in Auburn without all the driving. So that's what we did. Breakfast at the BBQ House, stroll around Auburn, lunch at Amsterdam's, room at Grand National, afternoon movie (Fireproof) with the balcony open while it rained outside, then off to dinner at Cafe 123. The best part? Sleeping in 'til about 10:00. It was the most relaxing getaway. We were planning on coming home Saturday afternoon, but there was a basketball game on Saturday night that Ashley thought Hill would have fun attending, so we decided to stick around for another night. I am so glad we stayed because Hill had a blast! We took her down to the court behind the cheerleaders and Aubie and you would have thought she owned the place the way she danced to the band and smiled at everyone. I couldn't believe she lasted through the whole game! We did have to keep her from walking out onto the court a couple of times, and Gray form tackled her once just to make sure she didn't. It was hilarious. Although the game was fun, I think the highlight of the weekend for all three kids was taking a bath together. Talk about crazy. Thank you so much Ashley, Allyn, Ella and Gray!!! We all had the best weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing what I missed while D-Da and I were on our trip!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Dude. I think your baby girl morphed into a toddler! How'd that happen?! So cute.

Ashley Thames said...

We loved every minute of it! You can send the little monkey over anytime to visit:)