Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9 Months Old!

Hill had her 9 month check up last week and she was perfect! (but I already knew that)

18 Pounds 12 Ounces - 50th Percentile
28 Inches Long - 75th Percentile

Remember how I said that I couldn't wait 'til Hill could sit up on her own, but not crawl yet? Well, it never happened. Even before Hill could sit, she would either roll or inchworm herself to wherever she wanted to go. Now she is crawling all over the place, but much more interested in standing and pulling up on whatever she can find. We have entered the danger zone. She has such a little personality and talks constantly. Some of her favorite words are "hey", "hey there", and just recently "bye". Bath time is still a favorite activity along with riding in the shopping cart. She loves to play peek a boo and has a new found interest in stuffed animals and baby dolls. She has also learned to respond when we ask her what the snake says, "tttssss" spit and all. She is eating some new foods and cheese seems to be a favorite. As I mentioned before, she is also having a little separation anxiety. She threw up again yesterday at school and broke out in hives at church. Kyle found her tickle spot right under her ribs and her laugh cracks us up. She refuses to sit still and is in constant motion, even when eating her hands and feet move in a circular motion. All of her energy and activity made it very difficult at the Doctors office. Mom put it best when she said, "it's like trying to wrestle a greased pig". So true! Hill wanted to crawl around on the waiting room floor (yuck) and pull all of the paper off the examining table. She even did a full fledged pull up on a cross bar while getting her eyes checked. I was a little surprised, but I thought the nurse was going to faint. By the way, why do they make the exam tables 4 feet off the ground? Defensive tackles have nothing on me. She got blood taken from her toe and a flu shot. The nurses got to experience the joys of a breath holder. She wore me out, but it was a good visit. 9 months old really is so much fun and I can't wait to see what's in store for the next few months!

2 comments:

Justin, Kristi and William said...

Lynlee,
Hill is just adorable..... I hope all is well.

Kristi

Stephanie said...

So glad I got to see y'all the other night. Someone has got to get on top of our small group lunches.

So....

I nominate you!