Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Body Pump

Kyle and I joined the Y a few weeks ago and I have been going to Body Pump on Tuesday's and Thursday's. For those of you who don't know what Body Pump is, it is a high rep weight lifting class set to music. If after reading this you decide to go, I highly recommend not putting the same weights on the bar that the instructor does. Because you might feel like you're going to die, barely be able to walk to your car, not be able to push down the breaks without your calf muscle quivering and not be able to walk up or down stairs for a week. Now, I'm not saying that happened to me, but I have learned my lesson and now thoroughly enjoy the class. I am especially entertained by the girl who thinks she is hot stuff but is the most un-coordinated person I have ever seen, the men who put too much weight on then stop lifting when the instructor isn't looking and the old man who comes to the class and does nothing we do. I think he just likes to hear the music. The only thing that I can't seem to understand is why the instructor isn't ripped. I mean, not even a little ripped. She might even be bigger than me. She actually has a muffin top! Surely I'm not working my fanny off two nights a week just to continue to wear maternity clothes. Oh well, I am going to keep going to the class even if it's just for entertainment value.

5 comments:

The Slagleys said...

So glad you are joining the blog world! It really is fun to write about everyday life and post pictures for friends and family to see! I also love hearing what other people are doing, so it can be addictive! I look forward to hearing all about Hill as she gets bigger!
-Lindsey

Emily said...

YEAH! Lynlee, I love your blog and the pictures of little Hill.

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited that you have a blog! Woo hoo! I'm going to add a link to yours from mine, if that's okay.

Okay, I totally want to go to BP next Tuesday. I've been wanting to, and I won't go without some moral support. And if you laugh at me, I'll knock you in the head with my bar.

I will. I'm not nice.

lindsey & lewis said...

Yea Body Pump! Next you will have to try spin:) Love the Blog!

The Harner's said...

My husband and I tried this class ONE time at BodyPlex....never did that again. We did so many squats I didn't think I'd ever be able to walk again without being in pain. I know your post is old...how is it going? Still going to class?