2 Corinthians 4:17-18
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Leeland is the perfect metaphor of this verse wrapped up in one tiny person. His vision impairment is one of his biggest hurdles. Though his contacts allow him some sight, the world around him is mostly "unseen." We know he senses our unconditional love for him. We know he trusts that we will protect him and do what is best for him. Every now and then when his eyes lock with mine, I feel like he is looking straight into my soul and what he sees is the good, the love, the unseen.
I have to admit that before Leeland was born, I didn't exactly have an eternal perspective on life. It always seemed sort of sad to me, but that's because I didn't really understand what it meant. God created us all for eternity and gives us this time on earth as an opportunity to enter into a relationship with Him. It's the ups and downs of life that should draw us closer to Him, to lean on Him, to walk with Him. It affects our priorities and our actions. It changes the way we treat and see others. It is the real key to life and it took Leeland for me to really get it.
Looking at Leeland, someone might see scars, on his eyes and his head. A two year old that can't walk or talk. Tonic and myoclonic seizures. Erratic muscle movements. A right hand, arm and leg that don't function properly. Wandering eyes. And global developmental delay. I used to see those things too. How can you not. But that's not all I see now. Leeland has completely shifted our focus to an eternal perspective and is a constant reminder that our hope is in the unseen.
Today is one year since Leeland's hemispherectomy. A surgery that we had hoped would be a cure-all. It wasn't. We don't know what God's plan is for Leeland or why we've been chosen to guide him through this life that sometimes seems beyond all hope. But it is there. It is in the eternal promises of God, the UNSEEN.
We pray these t shirts spread this message of hope. All proceeds will go towards Leeland's ongoing medical expenses.
Shirts come in Adult Small-XXL $18
Or
Youth S-L $15
You can either pay via PayPal or email me at lynlee.hudlow@gmail.com with your order; quantity, size and address. Please make checks payable to me with "unseen" in the memo. I will then email you my address if you need it.
Thank you!
2 comments:
Lynlee, what a wonderful post!! Please let me order:
1XL Adults
1M Adult
1M Youth
3S. Youth
Please send me your address so that I can send you a check. No rush for shirts!!!
My love to you and your precious family!!!
Peggy Stanley
Joeandpeggy@bellsouth.net
I'm so inspired by you, your faith, your precious Leeland, and your journey. Praying for you all!
Post a Comment