Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Leeland Update

I only have a second to write so I don't have time for details. Leeland had an apneic episode at home Monday morning. He had another in the ER. They started seizure medication. It totally knocked him out. We got moved to a room and they hooked up EEG to monitor seizure activity. They said it would still show up as background noise on EEG. He was hooked up for almost 24 hours with no apneic episodes. The neurology team recommended he stay on seizure meds and then if he never had another episode then we would know they were seizures.  We weren't comfortable with that. We met with GI and they recommended he do a 24 hour PH probe through his nose and into his stomach. That got inserted this morning. Once we hear their findings, we will make a decision about how to proceed with seizure meds. We should be going home tomorrow. I'll try to fill in details when I can. Thank you for continuing to pray for Leeland, his doctors and us!

2 comments:

The Boney's said...

Oh my goodness. Just got caught up on yall's last few weeks. I am coming late to the table but I am praying for you mama and Leeland. Whew. This life is not easy. The foot of the cross is the only place in this world where I can find true peace. Praying praying.

Melissa said...

Oh Lynlee, I am just now hearing about you and your sweet baby boy. My mother in law saw Kyle at the bank today and she filled me in. I found your blog and saw all the updates. My heart is hurting so much for you...please know I will be lifting you up to our King. He goes before you...preparing your steps... Holding you to his chest. Praying for you all!