We all have them, some more than others. Most of the time we don't even realize that what we might think is perfectly normal others think is perfectly crazy. For example, but not to name any names, some of you don't particularly care for "little" people, won't eat melted ice cream, are scared of animal dolls with people faces, and even iron your underwear. Here are a few of mine:
1. I despise wooden handled anything. Spoons, Popsicle sticks, gardening tools. The absolute worst though is picking up a wooden handled knife out of the dishwasher. Oh my gosh, I can't even think about it, it makes my teeth hurt.
2. Afghan Dogs, don't like them, never have. I think I had a book when I was little that had a picture of an Afghan dog in it and I still think of it in disgust to this day. I also love watching dog shows on TV, but change the channel when it's time for the Afghan grouping. I only remembered this because one has moved in down the street. I saw its owner walking it the other day, and I actually turned my car around so I wouldn't have to drive past it. They freak me out.
3. When I have multiple items of food on my plate, I work very hard to make sure they do not touch each other. Then I eat each item one at a time. Usually I begin with my least favorite or whichever food is most likely to run into the other foods. My only exception to this rule is with cheese grits and eggs. While the cheese grits are runny, I always eat the eggs first because I don't like them as much. 
4. I am a rule follower and it really bothers me when others do not follow the rules. For example, while doing PR at a concert for Alabama Adventure last year, a big ole butch "lady" with a baseball hat and cut off jean shorts with her bikini underneath tried to stand on the bleacher seats behind me to get a better view. It made me really mad, so with my official PR (not security) badge and all I told her to get down because it was against the rules to stand on the bleachers. Long story short, Kyle had to jump in so I didn't get punched in the face. 
5. I could go days without showering, shaving, getting cleaned up and it wouldn't bother me one bit. Other people, yes. I do enjoy being clean and looking presentable, but I'm just saying that if worse came to worst and I was stuck in the woods somewhere, on Survivor, or didn't have running water, I would be fine.
Sadly, I could add several more things to this list, but those are the first five that came to my head. Well, I don't want to be the only one who comes across as a weirdo, so I tag my sister, Lindsey Slagley, Stephanie Gibson, Kristy Masterson and Lindsey Benson to list five of their quirks. Keep the crazy going.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Quirks
Posted by Unknown at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha ha. I'm going to have to think about this...not to come up with stuff but to narrow it down. Stay tuned.
PS I don't like wet/warm wooden handles. Blech.
lynlee you are hilarious. I always get a laugh out of your deep thoughts and blogs. :) Thank you!
okay...i've listed my 5 quirks. go check it out. :)
Post a Comment