Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Hill and I went to a Pumpkin Patch with a group from Mothers Day Out. I'm not really sure what I was thinking taking a baby who can't even walk and doesn't like to be held into a dirty field in the middle of nowhere. It was pretty cold yesterday, so I knew I needed to put something on her feet before we went outside. I am a firm believer that babies should not wear shoes unless they can walk, but socks do not stay on her feet. I went into panic mode, but remembered that my sister had given me some of the twins shoes. Talk about funny. My options were lime green crocs or little white lace up shoes. For fashions sake, the crocs were out. The 30 minute wrestling match of trying to get those shoes on and tied was definitely one of those moments I wish I'd gotten on video. I have not mastered the ability to get myself and Hill ready and out the door without my house looking like a bomb has gone off, am I the only one? (If I am, just don't tell me, ok). One 45 minute car ride (with no nap) later, we arrived at The Great Pumpkin Patch. We took a hayride and Hill seemed to enjoy the wind blowing in her hair and while I can't quite figure out the fascination a 10 month old would have with pumpkins, she loved them. She crawled from pumpkin to pumpkin and would bounce on them and try to pick up the little ones. By the time we took the hayride back, she was DONE. With all of the other children cuddling in their mothers laps, Hill was not having it and went into "nuclear meltdown" mode as we call it in the Maples house. I had to explain to the other moms that she was just sleepy (that's what I was telling myself at least). Once we got in the car, she was having sweet dreams of pumpkins and was an angel the rest of the day. All in all, I am glad we went and it was fun to get to know some of the other moms, but by the end of the day I was DONE too!

1 comments:

Ann said...

Hey Lynlee-You're not the only one. On Sun. mornings I have to get myself, Ellie, and Luke ready to be at church by 9:00 without any help from Steven because he goes very early to get his sermon ready. No matter how neat I have the house on Sat. night, it looks like a tornado came through by the time we leave. And no matter how early I get up, we're almost always late.