I meant to post this before we went to the beach for memorial day...
Note to Self:
1. Do not wait 'til the day before you go to the beach to go swimsuit shopping
2. Do not wait 'til the day before you go to the beach to decide that a 20 pound weight loss is necessary
3. Do not take take a baby that starts crying every time you close the dressing room door
4. It is not realistic to try on the size you were before you were pregnant
5. Bikini's are a joke
6. They do not make swimsuits for short waisted people
7. They do not make 2 piece swimsuit sets that are a large on the top and a small on the bottom
8. Do not call your husband crying (he might come home from work thinking that something is seriously wrong with you)
9. Do not get upset when he offers to start a plastic surgery fund (that's what boys do, they look for solutions to things)
10. Finally, when the dust has settled and you're not crying anymore and your husband realizes that you aren't suicidal but just being a little dramatic; brush it off when he jokes that the lady who works at the front desk at the YMCA keeps asking him where you've been. (I'm not laughing!)
And because I am not going to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit, I'll post a picture that I took today at the zoo. It does the job.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Bathingsuit Blues
Posted by Unknown at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hysterical, but yes, I will note all of those things! Thanks for the warnings!
Love the picture, I am so sure it does the job! People don't realize that bodies do NOT look the same after a baby goes through it! I will never be wearing a bikini again! Tankini-yes! Bathing suit skirt-yes! Tiny triangle top and low waisted bottoms- NO! Boys don't understand the mourning for our old bodies and they think, "just get in shape and get it back." It is a little harder than it sounds.
that picture is hilarious!
who need toned, slim bodies anyway?
i kind of like saggy boobs and stretch marks... ;-(
oh well, all for a good cause -right?
You crack me up...
omg, ha ha ha. I just snorted really loudly at work! And because Brooke isn't here anymore, no one really appreciates it.
All of your comments are hilarious and so true! I remember trying on a one-piece when Ellie was 3 months old and just standing there staring-like what happened? I mean, I knew what happened, but still. The size change of the boobs is so baffling to me. I look at old pictures and I have to be careful not to get too depressed. I'm sure you do NOT look like the monkey.
I am laughing out loud! Try going to the beach with your sister-in-law who can still wear a bikini post-baby and look flawless...depressing is an understatement!
Post a Comment