Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a fabulous weekend at the Rosemary Beach with the Bennetts and our gracious hosts, the Chitwoods. Mindy and I loaded up the car with all three kids in the back, pretty funny and loud (Sydney's Elmo movie, Sawyer's random outbursts and Hill screaming because Sawyer's outbursts made her mad). This wasn't Hill's first trip to the beach, but last time we went it was too windy for her to go to the ocean. She loved touching the sand and watching the water! While going to the beach isn't quite the same as it used to be (laying out, reading magazines, sleeping in, swimming in the ocean) this was way better. What's not to like about strolling to get coffee in the mornings, lounging around the house, swimming in the pool, watching the sun set on the beach, eating great food, and hanging out with wonderful friends all with the most precious little girl that you love more than all of those things combined!

3 comments:

lindsey & lewis said...

We are glad you had a good time, we will have to do it again. Seeing the kids down there brings more meaning to the beach as you watch them discover new stuff like sand, lol. You make it look easy despite lack of sleep!

Ashley Thames said...

I LOVE the pictures. Have to say that I am seeing more of you in her when she smiles. She couldn't be more adorable! We miss y'all!

Anonymous said...

I feel i need a swimsuit shopping post....