Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School and a Question About Etiquette

Hill and Baylor started school and they are just as happy about it as I am. Hill is in the 3's and Baylor is in the MDO room. Once again, Hill is the giant in the class. It's so funny to me, because I never thought my child would be the biggest kid in the class. Baylor cries when I drop him off, but is all smiles when I pick him up. All their teachers are so sweet and it is the best feeling ever to know that they are loved on and taken care of while I'm not there. We've had A LOT of together time this summer, so some alone time will do us all some good.











On a different note, I am pretty sure that no one reads this blog anymore based on the big fat 0 comments on my last post. If anyone is still reading, I would love to know your thoughts on grocery store etiquette. Random I know, but this lady really ticked me off last week and then I started wondering if it was my crazy obsession with following social rules or if maybe, just maybe, I am the only one who thinks what she did was WRONG. Basically, I was in the checkout line after a marathon shopping trip for two weeks worth of groceries. I'd put about 5 of my items on the belt when the woman behind be in line grabbed the grocery separator thing and put it directly behind my 5 items and then began unloading her whole cart groceries onto the belt. Because she took up the whole belt with her stuff, I had to wait on the checkout girl to ring up my 5 items then reload my little space every few items. I was super annoyed and probably gave the woman a really ugly look (I do feel bad about that), but then started to wonder if I was wrong for thinking she broke a "grocery store rule," like there's such a thing. Thoughts?

5 comments:

lindsey & lewis said...

You were right, the dirty look was deserved as that is annoying. (And we do read the blog--you just have to post!)

Stephanie said...

Ditto Lindsey.

It's not like she was blind and couldn't see your full cart!

(Right? Because, if she was blind, I'm going to feel like a bad person.)

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

I do still read your blog and loved seeing y'all last weekend. You are in the right. Also, it drives me crazy when I am loading my cart and the person behind me already steps up to the credit card swiper. My transaction is not finished, so they need to step back.

Sara Singleton said...

Lynlee, I still read your blog!! I am just bad about going to people's actual pages and commenting since I look at them on the google reader thing. But your entries always make me laugh!! So sorry if it seems like you are writing to yourself, you aren't. haha!

And I would have said something to that lady at the store, you are a nicer person than me for sure.

Anonymous said...

I agree. She was rude to do that and I would have given her a dirty look too!