We had a wonderful Halloween this year! Some of the "have it all together" moms hosted a neighborhood Halloween party with bouncy houses, pumpkin decorating, face painting and a pizza dinner with enough goodies to make fifty kids (and their parents) sick. It was the perfect Halloween event for an almost two year old who isn't quite ready to walk up to houses and do the whole trick or treat thing. Hill discovered candy and most importantly tootsie pops for the first time. She couldn't quite understand taking the wrappers off the candy before she ate it, so I got to deal with the repercussions of that for several days after, if you know what I mean. As far as her costume is concerned, I promised myself that I wouldn't obsess over it like I did last year, and I didn't. Well, I didn't obsess for as long as I did last year because mom "won" it on Ebay much quicker than she won the octopus. It's just so hard when your child has such a strong personality and you feel like you have to find the costume that matches it perfectly. So what did I think matched her personality? A pig, of course. It wasn't so much about the animal itself, but the costume just looked like it was made for her, I can't describe it. Anyway, she was pretty cute and she knew it too. Oh, I keep forgetting I have another baby, but his stories aren't nearly as interesting as Hill stories. He stayed at home while Lolly and Aunt Claire babysat. I had a pumpkin costume for him but I didn't even bother putting him in it, so no pictures. I promise my next post will be about baby Baylor.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Halloween (a little late)
Posted by Unknown at 2:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment