Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big Sister Hill

Hill is doing great as a big sister! There was definitely some adjustment time the first couple of weeks where she was acting out and having a hard time at school, but those moments have been reduced to her normal two year old tantrums. She hasn't once acted out toward Baylor and she is so sweet with him. Every morning she says "Where Bader, I see him". She also loves to tickle his "toot(foot)". She does try to sit with me every time I am nursing and has even tried to nurse a couple of times herself. I just keep telling her that big girls drink milk from a cup. We have been having some issues at nap time and as every mother knows, those are cherished times (for the mom) and we are trying to work through our issues ASAP. For instance, when I went in to get her from her nap last week this is what I found.


As soon as she saw me she said "Look, my biper(diaper), I nekkid". I disciplined her then ran and got my camera ;-)
I thought that was bad until the next day when I went to get her from her nap and she was standing on the floor next to her crib. I almost had a heart attack! I never heard her banging around in there and I couldn't believe she'd climbed out. She seemed pretty shocked too and immediately ran to me saying "I sowry, I sowry". Now I am a nervous wreck every time I put her in the crib. I am not ready for tackling the big girl bed yet!

Then last Friday while I took a shower, I locked Hill in the room with me so she couldn't mess with Baylor in his moses basket. I normally spend my whole shower trying to keep her from getting in with me, so I knew something was going on, but wasn't worried too much and actually felt like I had enough time to wash the conditioner out of my hair. Here was the scene I walked into.



She had opened almost every pad in the package and stuck them to the floor. The bad thing is that she was so entertained, I encouraged her to keep working on it so I could dry my hair and put on makeup. When Kyle got home from work we headed straight to the Bennett's house for dinner, which is always entertaining.


I didn't have time to pick up Hill's little project before we left the house. Big mistake! When we got back home that night, our front door was wide open. With all of the burglaries in Homewood recently, we thought the worst. Kyle put me and the kiddos back in the car while he called the police to come check it out. Well, check it out they did, including Hill's "pad project". No telling what they were thinking about me. Luckily, our house hadn't been broken into, but I sure was embarrassed!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This post made my day!!! I am still laughing out loud about the pads, police, etc.

The Henderson Family said...

I love this!

Ann said...

Oh my! Those are funny stories. The toddler years can be exhausting. I remember people come to my door when Ellie was that age and have to explain why there were toothbrushes and other various "toiletries" scattered about the foyer.

Ann said...

sorry for all the incorrect grammar-I remember people coming to my door and having to explain-is what it should be :)

Emily said...

That is so hilarious. I love all the blogs they are so entertaining.

TBG said...

hahaha I always love your stories, lynlee!! so glad your house was ok (no burglars :)

lindsey & lewis said...

I bet the pads scared away any potential danger! Hill is just a creative crime fighter:)

Reeder Family said...

Okay - that is funny! I enjoy reading your blog! My daughter started doing the same thing at nap time and I had to go back to putting onesies with snaps on her.