Hill's first haircut was pretty uneventful, but she does look much better. We went to a cute little place called sweet and sassy specifically for children, where they give you a lock of their hair and a certificate with a picture to commemorate the day. Kyle was such a good dad and came for support. Hill had no clue what was going on and just squirmed to get out of the chair because there were much more exciting things to see and do, but no dramatic meltdown. The lady only cut a little off the back just to even things out, so there are definitely still some curls intact, and that makes me very happy. While she was getting her hair cut, Kyle and I noticed what looked like a little mosquito bite on her left knee. This would be no big deal for most people, but Hill had a mosquito bite a couple of months ago that turned into staff infection that had to be surgically removed at Children's Hospital (I know I've told some of y'all that story, but I don't think I ever got around to blogging about it, don't hold your breath, it was traumatic, and I don't really want to relive it). Anyway, I called from the hair place to make a Dr.'s appt. where we paid $30, sat in the waiting room for 30 minutes, then in the consult room for another hour (insert dramatic meltdown) all for Dr. Peters to tell me that it is probably just a mosquito bite. I did manage to get a few pictures of our "fun" morning.
And just a little video of our time at the Dr.'s office.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
First Haircut
Posted by Unknown at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Loved that she was totally unphased by the obstacles in her way! What was she singing? The hair looks adorable:)
i think she looks so much like kyle in her certificate picture! glad to read that there was no dramatic melt down at the hair place... im sure that was a relief for you!
love her haircut and i loved the dr. office video! so funny to hear her talking!! sweet girl! hope you guys are doing great!!
Post a Comment