Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dress Up

I've been trying to take a lot of pictures of Hill to make up for the ones we lost with the "great computer crash of 2009". I wanted to share some, and realized there was a reoccurring theme throughout. The girl loves to play dress up. Just this morning, she dug through my basket of clean laundry and pulled out Kyle's mesh workout shorts, put her head through one leg hole and her arm through the other, pranced her way into my view and said "I'm cute". I'm pretty sure I can trace the "I'm cute" comment back to the day I bought her first sandals several months ago. I wanted her to be interested in wearing them, so I made a big deal about them and told her every time she wore them, that she was "so cute". She then became aware of the fact that she could put something new on like the plastic bracelets I gave her in her Easter Basket, and I would tell her that she looked cute. Now, we don't even have to tell her, she tells us, all the time. I realize that this could become a problem if she is still telling people "I'm cute" a few years from now, but coming out of a 19 month old's mouth, it is "cute", especially since she looks ridiculous half the time. Oh, she isn't completely vain, she pays it forward, telling me and Kyle that we look cute too. Kyle's ties seem to be very high on Hill's cute scale.




(dressed up in spaghetti)




2 comments:

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

Love the boots. Too precious.

Kate said...

Can't wait to see yall this weekend... And, yes, Hill will have to be Ellie's ADPi big sis!