Hill: Mommy, at church I can't ever let Jesus in my heart because when I try to get on the stage they won't let me.
Me: Do you say a prayer at the end and they ask you to come forward if you want Jesus to live in your heart?
Hill: Yes, but they won't ever let me get on stage because I don't have on a jacket.
Me: Do other boys and girls go on the stage? Do they all have on Jackets? Did you ask Jesus to live in your heart.
Hill: UGGGGGHHH, yes mommy, you're so frusterating me, I always have Jesus in my heart, I already told you that, you don't understand God and I don't have a jacket so I can't get on stage.
Then she broke into song "God is bigger than the boogie man, He's bigger than Godzilla or monster's on TV, He's watchin over you and me, oh yeah"
I would like to point out that this is a NORMAL conversation. What am I supposed to do with that?
Sunday, February 19, 2012
No Jackets. No Jesus.
Posted by Unknown at 3:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hilarious!!! you smile and just keep going. wells says strange stuff all the time like that but i love it! i was just thinking he was "getting" certain bible stories. we read noah and the ark while explaining how God saved him as jesus saved us. i said isn't that amazing that only his family and the animals came out of that storm?! he said, "and isn't it amazing that red and black markers make colors on paper!" God loves markers. yeah...just prayed and went to bed.
Geez, Lynlee, get your kid a jacket!
Post a Comment