Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Post

So, I still don't feel like blogging, hence the title. Nothing super informative in this post except that it's new, and only because I was sick and tired of staring at my blog every time I signed on to check every one else's blogs. I have so much to catch up on and I feel guilty about not blogging about some pretty important events that have happened in the last 6 months, like my babies turning 3 and 1. It can be pretty overwhelming. Plus, does anyone else ever feel like their life is pretty boring compared to others? I have to admit though, I'm becoming more and more thankful for boring. I'll just be honest, this period of not blogging for me and simply reading about what's going on with everyone else has been very heart changing. It has helped me find joy in the things that I do have and envy less. Envy is a yucky yucky feeling and reading blogs used to make it creep in more than anything else in my life. Why don't I have a nice camera? Why don't I bake from scratch? Why don't I have a daily craft for my children? Why don't I get to travel all over the world? Why don't I get to hire someone to decorate my house? Why don't I have some awesome story to tell? I have since learned that everyone has their own story, and only a glimpse of it is ever written in to a blog post. Plus, you crafting/cooking/organizing/schooling/photographing/traveling/painting/sewing bloggers just aren't me, and that is just fine. I guess since I'm being honest, I'll just go ahead and say that I've decided that some of you are CRAZY* (did my envy just turn to judgement, oops). You would probably think that I'm crazy too, so I don't feel that guilty about saying it. Man that felt good to get that off my chest. So, back to reading blogs for me, without envy. Maybe I'll blog something of importance again soon, ha! I'll leave you with a glimpse of my life: *Ok, so maybe CRAZY was a little extreme. By crazy, I just meant different from me (we've all got some crazy in us). Their blogs are totally inspiring and actually have some really good ideas, but I have a feeling that if I actually met some of these "extreme" bloggers in real life, we probably wouldn't be best buds. Mainly because they would think I wasn't very cool and I would probably think that they were, well, extreme. P.S. I don't actually know any of these people I'm talking about, in case you were wondering.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Did you just call me crazy? Cause I know where you live.

Mom said...

Hi Lynlee! I don't remember if I have ever posted a comment before, but if I haven't, I promise I'm not a creepy blog stalker. I'm just lazy about commenting. Anyway, I don't even remember where I found your blog - probably Facebook - but I'm so glad you're posting again. You have a beautiful family! I hope you're doing well.

Lindsey said...

you crack me up! :) glad to see a post from you though! we miss you guys. i went through such a blogging drought too. there's just too much going on and it has to take a back burner at times! i think being present and available to your babies is more important that the foo foo fancy recipes and crafts, right?! :) love from texas!

The Henderson Family said...

Hey! So glad you wrote this. Blogging is so sporadic. And it is not worth it if it has to be a book report. Take as long as you need - but please come back because you are hilarious. And honest. That is refreshing!

The Harner's said...

I am totally, 100%, right there with ya girl! I feel so dang boring too. Granted we do a lot of things but I am not as super cool as the Moms blogs I read either. So, I feel ya! That's why I don't blog that much either! I am not a good writer to where it's actually fun to read it!

kristymasterson said...

oh but you have perspective and a sweet family. and i love reading about those two things.

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

I just want you to know i laugh at your posts. i haven't been on in forever and obviously i post about once a month, but i LAUGH at yours! I feel the SAME way about the blogs and really feel like people probably think "what a boring mom!" because i don't craft, didn't even do easter eggs with my kids this year, and certainly don't share my burned recipes. i'm so glad our kiddos are in school and i'm getting to spend time with you!! :) we will do the zoo this week and check out my blog b/c hill makes an appearance!! :)_